RELAX...........

RELAX...........
oooooh! for a good treatment......

Monday 6 August 2012

MANDARIN ORIENTAL DHARA DHEVI CHIANG MAI THAILAND







I ended up in this gorgeous resort for three weeks, as their visiting consultant, like a gift from Heaven! Its lush, its green, has rice fields, lotus gardens, traditional and colonial villas, three restaurants, and french boulangerie, two gorgeous pools, a watsu pool, huge spa, tennis courts, gym, cycles, yoga shalas, crafts village, shopping village, etc
In other words I mean its amazing!!
And all I had to do was teach Inner Silence Meditation!
(See my previous post on this property)
Dheva Spa


Dheva Spa 
The Dheva Spa is special. Firstly the spa is so expansive its hard to believe its not a destination spa yet. If you will note I recommended they do that in my earlier post. With a new Spa Director on Board, Brian Hathaway, the Spa has made some positive changes. And I still have hope that they will utilise all of their beautiful spaces to the fullest.

Ayurveda is strong on their menu due to the angelic presence of Dr Sunita Mahamuni from India. She is really as graceful as an angel. Soft spoken, caring and a perfect Spa personality.
While I spent three weeks in the resort, I never saw her lose her equilibrium even once although the spa was super busy and houseful all the time. It was hard for me to get a appointment at all!






Everyone is talking about the new therapy, Chi Nei Tsang. I was told that only one of their therapists, Alpha, had mastered this therapy. He had trained with Master Mantak Chia of Tao Garden, the creator of this  therapy, (see separate post on this centre). After doing level 1 of Chi Nei Tsang all students have to work on at least 200 bodies in order to enrol for level 2. Now, since I prefer therapeutic treatments which heal,  rather than most spa treatments that only have a "feel good" factor, I went for this supposedly very painful cathartic treatment.


Alpha and me
HMM! It was not at all as painful as I thought it would be. Maybe my stomach is in good condition because although he went deep into my stomach muscles with his fingers, fists and elbows all in consecutive order, I was able to withstand it all without screaming!. He kneaded and pounded my stomach till it growled and gassed up. The objective is of course cathartic and to unblock any energies that may be holding up the digestive system. The kneading clearly had its impact on my system, and a cathartic release was called for very soon after. Terrific stuff. I wish more spa treatments, overall in the industry, had such obvious results to support what they claim. Ive heard the book Spa Evidence is attempting to do just that. Must pick it up and go through it!

Love the Mandarin Fan
View from the spa shop window

The Spa boasts of a comprehensive and very effective Wellness Package. Will have to try next time!
Thank you Brian, Suntia and Alpha!


Eating healthy, the beginning of Wellness!











3 comments:

  1. It is so amazing and thank you so much for let us know about these paradises!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the above comment is written by Olga Macaluso

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to enjoy the experience. I also agree that therapeutic spas are better than those spas that only provide the feel-good factor. I hope we can have that particular therapy here in my place someday.

    ReplyDelete