RELAX...........

RELAX...........
oooooh! for a good treatment......

Friday 2 September 2011

MANDARIN ORIENTAL DHARA DHEVI -DHEVA SPA-CHIANG MAI THAILAND



WOW!
See how beautiful the spa reception is. This place is out of this world and was far beyond any expectations. In my humble opinion, Dhara Devi should be turned into a full fledged destination spa. Modelled on the breathtaking antique Royal Palace of Mandalay, the 3.100 sq ft spa contains beautiful treatment suites, a hamaam, a watsu pool, Rissoul, Vichy Shower, hydro area and a fabulous pearl mosaic steam room.



My own villa had an outdoor jacuzzi which I thoroughly enjoyed by candlelight and the sounds of the crickets and frogs.

Beautiful Tisna, the Wellness Director here is one of the few people I know in the spa business who understands wellness and is continually looking to evolve. She offerred me the BEST. A full two hour Lanna Ceremony which started with an Energy Field Imaging analysis. Based on the results of this analysis Dr Sunita suggested their Traditional Lanna massage with concentration on my back. I was told that my yin and yang were very well balanced, and that my third eye, throat and heart chakras were clear and open. I had some congestion in my back so needed this traditional "hammering"! See my aura below!


Their most senior therapist Banchong was allocated to take care of my body. He had the most magical touch. He was sensitive to my subtle energy, his pressure was just right, his voice was soft, he just never disturbed me at the energy level. The unique feature of this Lanna Ceremony is the gentle tapping of the body with a traditional tool called the "Tok Sen" which is made from the bark of the tamarind tree. This is followed by a Thai herbal compress and herbal oil body massage and ends with a deliciously yummy head massage.

No question about it Banchong rules!!!!  


2 comments:

  1. Tisna please show blog picture to Banchong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! The energy field imaging analysis sounds intriguing!

    ReplyDelete