RELAX...........

RELAX...........
oooooh! for a good treatment......

Saturday 20 August 2011

SPA AT THE AMAN HOTEL NEW DELHI


My friend Penny from Singapore invited me to the Aman spa in New Delhi after a tiring day of shopping. She was staying at the Aman so was able to make the invitation ( it has since opened to the public through membership).
The spa occupies almost half of the basement of the hotel which is huge! The entrance to the spa is absolutely beautiful with a full length pool beckoning you for a dip. Each treatment room has its own lounge area, shower and steam area etc. Most of you know that I love Aman hospitality and find it very hard to fault them on anything, but I do also know that they really need to pay more attention to their spas. Its simply not enough to have a beautiful environment.  The quality of staff, therapists and products all need to be sourced carefully. The ambience of the spa comes from the way the clients are treated and not from architectural and interior beauty.
I had an average kind of deep tissue massage, the therapist was not mindful of my foot problem, as was disclosed in the questionnaire given to me before the treatment. I dont think anyone really looked at the questionnaire. It was just a formality. I had asked for a steam after my massage but when I went to the attached steam room I found the the water had leaked all the way through to my changing room and I had to manoeuvre my way through the puddles. I wanted to get out of there fast.
My friend Penny chose to use the Hamam which was nice except they used the same rough soap on her hair instead of shampoo leaving her hair rough and dry. There is so much awareness now of the products women are using for different parts of their body that its worth checking out and giving the best, especially at the Aman.
Having said that, I believe they now have a new Spa Manager so I am sure things have improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment