RELAX...........

RELAX...........
oooooh! for a good treatment......

Friday 19 August 2011

MANDARIN ORIENTAL SIGNATURE THERAPY - NEW YORK



Bamboo stone and gold leaf sets the tone for this unforgettable Manhattan spa experience.   I was curious to see how "oriental" this spa would be having visited several oriental spas and also knowing of the hotels strong presence in the Far East. It felt inappropriate for me to enter the building through a very crowded street in the centre of New York, but once inside the Eastern hospitality did not disappoint me!

I lazily sipped through some tea until the therapist came to collect me. She was a gentle soul who explained that the Mandarins Signature therapy focuses on the rebalance of the individual using traditional Chinese medicinal philosophies. She gave me a questionnaire to fill and from the reading she was going to tell me which of my five elements were out of balance. Now I think my awareness of my body consciousness is pretty good and am quite quick to understand the movement of my "doshas" so it was interesting for me to see how she woud diagnose my imbalance and whether it would match my own understanding of myself at that moment in time. It didnt. She thought I was imbalanced in my water element and I felt I was imbalanced in my air element (from too much travelling!!) Not that this matters too much because the 2 hour time ritual was amazing.
After a foot bath and a sensory test came a powerful oriental meridian massage with custom-blended therapeutic aromatherapy oils. Not only that, I even got a nutritional and exercise guidance to take home.
This was the first Spa, of its kind,  I found to bring in the elements of "healing" in a more structured and obvious way into a holistic spa treatment.
Bravo!
We need more of this kind of seriousness in the spa industry.
Oh Yes! I forgot to tell you that I LOVED the gold mosaic steam room . See below.....
Thank you Tammy!!




No comments:

Post a Comment