RELAX...........

RELAX...........
oooooh! for a good treatment......

Saturday 4 February 2012

ISTA HOTEL AMRITSAR INDIA







I had been very curious to try the spas at the Ista Hotels. Being part of the Ananda in the Himalayas group, I'd heard that their spas were well designed and in line with the Ananda Spa.
I began the year (2012) with a trip to Harmandir Sahib or the Golden Temple, as it is also known, in Amritsar. A real Jewel of the Punjab and the holiest shrine of the Sikhs.





So I got an opportunity to stay at the Ista Amritsar. The Manager at the hotel Subhrajit turned out to have spent  his childhood in Assam so we connected immediately. Ista which means"most desirable" is a functional hotel for business travellers, so the Ananda -like spa was a pleasant surprise.



The therapists here are all trained at Ananda and their sister organisation the Ananda Spa Institute. It somehow felt familiar to be here because of the Ananda signature oils and signature "Namaskars"!! I allowed myself to sink in to a 85 minute Swedish Massage which promised to manipulate the soft tissue of my muscles against my bones, to relax me, to increase the blood circulation, remove metabolic products and generally detoxify my entire system. It was all lovely, just like it promised.


Not only my experience, but all five friends/family who were with me said their treatments were very good. I have only one suggestion, Subhrajit. I woud have loved to have heard some Gurbani music from the temples, while on the table instead of the normal Ananda chants!


2 comments:

  1. Nice pics of the Amritsar city.I always prefer go to Amritsar once in a year with my family.Really it is beautiful city..

    Orlando Area Hotels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Do sign in as a member to get updates of all the blogs.

      Delete