RELAX...........

RELAX...........
oooooh! for a good treatment......

Sunday 21 August 2011

NATUROPATHY AYURVEDA IN SOUKYA BANGALORE


I first met Dr Mathai during the Mind & Life conference initiated by HH the Dalai Lama in Delhi. As we got chatting he invited me to come and experience his creation in Bangalore.
Dr Mathai has a grand dream and every step he takes is towards this dream. He doesnt want the place to be referred to as a spa and quite rightly so. The focus of Soukya is on healing and most people who go there do so for some kind of healing.

Since I had no particular ailment to correct, I abandoned myself totally to the oily proces of their fantastic ayurvedic treatments. I first had the shirodhara allowing the hot oil to pour slowly down my tresses knowing that I could wash it off with the homemade Channe-ke-daal shampoo. Soon after I was given the Choornasweedam for joint pains weight loss and relaxation. For this, two gentle therapists stabbed my body with hot herbal packs that felt really good. 

Most of all I enjoyed a treatment specifically for my feet called the Arkapatra Swedam. This involved wrapping my feet in two herbal packs that had been dipped in very hot medicinal oil while the therapists gently massaged the soles of my feet. Every five minutes the packs were dipped into the boiling oil to maintain the temperature. As everyone knows, according to reflexology, in massaging the feet every organ in the body also gets massaged. I slipped into my cocoon feeling very loved and cared for by the tenderness with which my feet were being nurtured. A very loving experience indeed.

The centre is sprawled across acres of greenery and all medicinal herbs are home grown. Soukya prices are luxury but the hospitality facilities are not.

No comments:

Post a Comment