RELAX...........

RELAX...........
oooooh! for a good treatment......

Sunday 21 August 2011

CHAVUTTI THIRUMAL IN DUNE ECO VILLAGE AND PARADISE SPA-PONDICHERRY


WHAAAAT? You  must be joking!!

Honestly you have to lie naked on the floor and your semi naked (only a langot !!) therapist is hanging above you from a rope and massaging your body with herbal oils using his only his feet. Gliding up and down your body he meticulously reaches all corners of your body from your head right down to your toes.
I was little awkward at first but what the heck I thought- may as well enjoy it thoroughly.
So I lay there bare at his mercy and it was definitely a new experience.  He poured large quantities of therapeutic ayurvedic oils all over my whole body and then slid his feet in long sweeps over my entire body. The pressure of the feet was controlled by his hanging from the rope above but he was able to reach far corners of my body. Pretty deft I would say.

Chavutti Thirumal, as this  2000 year old massage is called, means foot pressure. Its a technique originally used by the Kalari martial artists of Kerala and known for correcting postural problems as well as opening up all the meridians/nadis in the body. The massage was traditionally used before the practice of Kalaripayattu since they believe that once you become a warrior, massage is necessary to shed fatigue.

There is plenty of room for hanky panky so be careful where you have this massage!!!

I think Paradise Spa has added on to its facilites since I last visited. I believe it also has a Watsu pool now.

Be brave....go for it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment