RELAX...........

RELAX...........
oooooh! for a good treatment......

Tuesday 16 August 2011

CAVIAR MASSAGE AT LA PRAIRIE -RITZ CARLTON HOTEL NEW YORK







La Prairie Spa at the Ritz Carlton was my first taste of New York city's luxury spas. As I walked in to the hotel from the snowy streets of New York in February I felt the warmth and cosiness of this hotel and its spa. The spa is quite small and designed to meet the demands of discerning travellers. Located in Central Park South it is associated with La Prairie.


I chose to have the Caviar massage because it sounded very exotic and was wondering what it would be like to have little balls of black eggs floating on my body. (What a "dehaat"!!!). But it was nothing like that. I entered the spa and found all the clients elegantly sipping champagne seated in very comfortable sofas. Oooops, I thought, I dont really associate alcohol with healing but then of course most people associate alcohol with relaxation so why not? I refused my glass of champagne and went straight for the massage.


Well the La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Cream turned out be a soft, moist gentle cream (no black balls at all!) and the therapist was fantastic. She rolled up her sleeves and got down to action, put the right amount of pressure on all the right points, her touch was just right for my body. She combined deep tissue massage with Swedish for some respite! The cream is renowned for wrinkles and sagging skin, retaining moisture and stimulating collagen production.


The massage bed (I can't call it a table, it was too comfortable) was heated to the right temperature and the whole environment was plush, welcoming and warm. Definitely luxury!


I refused my glass of champagne again on my way out!



No comments:

Post a Comment