RELAX...........

RELAX...........
oooooh! for a good treatment......

Friday 20 July 2012

Amankila, Bali


The sea and the pool merging !
I was in Bali for the International Meditation Conference in Ubud. I connected with the lovely Chrissie  Lincoln whom I met in Amanjiwo in Borobodur (see separate post) earlier in the year and we were very happy to reconnect.
Chrissie and me
Amankila is spectacular. As soon as you step in to the hotel, the sea just invites you in. Perched on Mount Agung it overlooks the Lombok Strait. The three tiered infinity pool is the centre of focus and is difficult to tell where the pool ends and where the Lombok Strait begins. 

A Villa
Frangipani and bougainvillea trees are everywhere.

View from lunch
 The villas are built on stilts and connected through raised bridges. Chrissie invited me to have a light and healthy lunch with her before the spa treatment.

Treatment room
Healer Gusti and me


The treatment room was located up the hill in one corner of the resort. The walk gave me an opportunity to meander through the walkways, bridges and steps to reach a huge suite which was converted into a therapy room. My therapist was specially called in for me as he is not a resident spa therapist. In fact he belongs to a traditional Balinese family of Healers. He works by intuition and focuses on whatever his hands pick up. The Pijat massage, as it is called, claims to loosen tightness in the muscle tissue and restore optimum blood and oxygen circulation, which results in an overall sense of well-being. Well some of these so called local healers have an excellent understanding of the body through many years of practice but am not sure that what they claim is necessarily true. However, it sounded exotic, my body felt relaxed and I was fascinated to experience this massage as normally I wouldnt have gone to a local healer. This is why I like Aman. They integrate and bring the local culture into the Aman experience.


Thank you Chrissie!


No comments:

Post a Comment