RELAX...........

RELAX...........
oooooh! for a good treatment......

Wednesday 11 July 2012

SPA TURKOISE GRAND TURK CARIBBEAN



The blue of the Caribbean sea is everywhere. We had a long haul to go scuba diving from India to New York to Atlanta and finally to Turks and Caicos Islands. Grand Turk is a tiny little dot of an island. Sleepy little village with some beautiful leftover colonial houses. It only wakes up once a week when the cruise ships land here to see this historical town.
Local Mammas

Boys who took  me  conch diving

We stayed in Manta house chosen because of the Sandbar opposite, where we could watch the sunset over our drinks. It was pretty much as we imagined. Back of nowhere. Quiet.
Manta House
Zorawar and  Katya form Sandbar



Next door to Manta House was the SaltRaker Inn. It had the best food around there and was the hang out place for diners after watching the sunset in Sandbar. Here is where I met Lena the owner of Spa Turkoise, the only spa in Grand Turk. We hit it off immediately and together with her colleague, Meghan, we had a long conversation on spas in general. I had been passing by the spa on previous days but didnt venture in until we had a our exhilirating conversation.

It was located in the premises of another hotel and had just one simple treatment room. Meghan the therapist welcomed me with a big smile. She didnt want me to be confined to a specific treatment and allowed her hands to run over me picking up points and treating me wherever she felt necessary. From the Far East, I am used to choosing spa treatments with many exotic names from a menu, claiming all kinds of benefits never knowing whether they are actually true. So this approach was refreshing to me. It said to me that she was going to give me what my body needed rather than what the spa menu dictated that my body should have. I like this idea. It requires a lot of confidence from the therapist. 

Meghan was definitely different. She really knew her body well. I hadnt told her about my fingers jamming up from using the computer too much but there she was. SPOT ON! Picked it up from my meridians. I must say I was very impressed. She picked up all my problem areas and I dont have many. The massage was deep, therapeutic and relaxing. We chatted and she told me about her training and how she came to be here in Grand Turk.
She played some Indian chants in the background and honestly I wanted to transport her back to India!!!
Entrance to spa
Lovely Meghan
Memories of Grand Turk remain fresh. Meghan if you ever come this side of the world do please get in touch. And Lena a big THANK YOU for arranging this. You have a good thing going there. Keep it up!
Long live the Conch!

No comments:

Post a Comment