RELAX...........

RELAX...........
oooooh! for a good treatment......

Saturday 10 March 2012

FINISHING STUDIO AT THE LEELA PALACE DELHI





I like the name Finishing Studio. When I first heard it, I thought it was some kind of school, like the ones you go to in Switzerland. Silly me! Then I discovered it is just that part of the Spa that comes last........after you've had your scrumptious ESPA treatments, you can go and relax in the Studio and have your feet and hands pampered. AND HOW!

Full view of the pedicure centre



The studio is located within the Spa premises but unlike the Spa, it is open to the public. The interior of the Studio is in line with the rest of the Spa. Its like a living room. Comfortable sofas to lounge on, magazines to occupy you and an afternoon tea service that you can order from the Spa Cafe. For the surroundings, the prices were very reasonable.
My friend Tarot Reader Olga
Perfect Sense Booties

Hot Stone Massage
Olga and me 

The Studio uses a line of OPI products and the 50 min pedicure includes a warm water cleansing, a hot stone massage on the feet (so far I had had this treatment only on my body) which was extremely soothing, cleansing, scrubbing, cuticle removing, foot reflexology (optional) and finally a hot paraffin wax soak in these comfy Perfect Sense booties, designed to pamper your feet. Paraffin Wax softens the feet and heals all deep cracks in the heels. My feet felt baby-soft afterwards, and totally cared for. I think if, as according to Foot Reflexology, the feet contains all the meridians to keep all our organs healthy, we definitely need to pamper them with a good dose of TLC at least once a week. I must say I would give it a 10 on 10. It was the best pedicure I had ever had.

We then moved to the Manicure area. 

Deepa and her assistant


 Similarly my hands were taken really good care of. Scrubbed and cleaned. Cuticles removed, nails filed, fingers massaged and finally I buried my hands into the paraffin filled gloves.


They came out soft and silky. I chose to have a silver colour polish applied to my nails and after 3 hours of pampering we were ready to leave. 

Highly recommended for ladies who have ample time with no "work" on their minds and are able to  surrender themselves to the experience. Its absolutely necessary for you to have the time to indulge in it or you wont understand the LUXURY!

My only recommendation is that the canapes from the spa cafe were not as healthy as we would have liked. Very few of us now eat pastries anymore (sugar and white flour being totally banned from a health conscious diet) and we would have preferred some savoury choices without the carb (Another NO! NO!)

Thank you so much Deepti , you gave us a fabulous experience!


5 comments:

  1. Mala! we had great fun, let's do it again

    ReplyDelete
  2. the above comment is written by me: Olga

    ReplyDelete
  3. PurpleUnicorn9 May 2012 at 05:57

    Instead of clicking "Anonymous" click on "Name/URL" Leave URL space blank and just fill in your name and leave a comment like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shiela Higgins10 July 2012 at 06:58

    Very nice post!

    ReplyDelete